FOOD & WINE is teaming up with TRAVEL + LEISURE to host “The Taste of Revel,” a three-day epicurean extravaganza from May 18-20, 2012.
All of the events will take place at the brand new 6.3-million-square-foot beachfront mega-destination, Revel.
Joining Revel’s esteemed chefs Alain Allegretti, Jose Garces, Marc Forgione, Michel Richard and Robert Wiedmaier are TRAVEL + LEISURE‘s Features Director and Senior Correspondent Nilou Motamed and yours truly, representing FOOD & WINE as wine expert. We are planning over a dozen immersive experiences that will take place throughout the resort.
Here’s some background, as reported by PR Newswire:
“We are excited to partner with Revel on The Taste of Revel presented by FOOD & WINE, offering epicureans a diverse culinary experience,” said FOOD & WINE VP/Publisher Christina Grdovic. “The programming features some of the most talented chefs and wine experts and this is sure to be a memorable weekend.”
Highlights of FOOD & WINE presents The Taste of Revel include the following events throughout the resort:
- Start the weekend at the Kickoff Bash hosted by all five Revel chefs with two hours of fresh takes on favorite dishes from the Boardwalk
- Indulge in sensual sweets and cocktails at a Pastry Party hosted by Chef Michel Richard featuring fine confections with a wink of whimsy
- Start your morning with fresh Riviera cuisine and champagne as you learn about the art of preparing a whole fish at The Big Fish Breakdown with Chef Alain Allegretti
- Pair Belgian beer with fine cheeses at Chef Robert Wiedmaier’s Beer and Cheese Pairing
- Iron Chef Jose Garces shares his technique and interpretation of lobster-and-seafood paella, one of his specialties during The Art of Paella with Jose Garces
- Conquer the Steak with Marc Forgione at American Cut with an instructional lesson on the anatomy, selection and preparation of the perfect cut of meat
- “Pig Out” with Revel chefs as they put their signature spin on pork
Tickets for FOOD & WINE presents The Taste of Revel are now available for purchase here. Tickets are priced starting at $65 for individual events.
Revel features more than a dozen restaurants from renowned chefs and restaurateurs who have a vested interest in Revel and bring their signature flair from their regional restaurants in Washington, D.C., Philadelphia and New York City. Strong entrepreneurial spirits and a tremendous talent to create gastronomic and lifestyle experiences are common threads among Revel’s partners.
The beachfront destination is smoke-free and features over 1,800 rooms with sweeping ocean views. Designed to embrace its natural surroundings, Revel curated a collection of daylife and nightlife experiences crafted to bring the outside in and the inside out. Indoor and outdoor pools, gardens, lounges, and 32,000-square-foot spa provide the guest with a relaxing resort, while an outstanding collection of 14 restaurant concepts, live entertainment, nightclubs, an oceanfront dayclub, a casino that feels like a theatre and a collection of boutiques tailor to guests passions.
To receive the latest updates on Revel, become a fan on Facebook and follow Revel on Twitter. Revel is located on the Boardwalk at Connecticut Avenue in Atlantic City, New Jersey.